The following consortia have been pre-qualified to bid for the Taif ISTP:
- Acciona Agua, S.A.
- China Gezhouba Group Co., Ltd.
- Cobra Instalaciones y Servicios, S.A., International Water Distribution Company (TAWZEA)
- FCC Aqualia, Alkhorayef Group
- Marubeni Corporation
- Metito Utilities Limited, Power and Water Utility Company for Jubail and Yanbu (Marafiq), Mowah
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd., Miahona Company
- Orascom Construction
- Samsung Engineering Company Limited
- SUEZ Groupe
The Taif project is part of a programme started by WEC to commission a series of new Independent Sewage Treatment Plants for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The development involves a new ISTP with a total ultimate treatment capacity of up to 270,000 m3/day. The ISTP will be located near the city of Taif in the Mecca Province of the Kingdom.
When appointed. the successful consortium will be responsible for the development, financing, engineering, procurement, construction, implementation, ownership, operation, maintenance and transfer of the Project, together with associated infrastructure and facilities.
Under a 25-year Sewage Treatment Agreement with WEC, the project company to be incorporated to develop the ISTP will treat the entire sewage capacity supplied by WEC.
WEC’s obligations under the STA will be supported by a credit support agreement from the Government of KSA.