EWA Water Manifesto calls for action to tackle current water management challenges in Europe
- June 17, 2020
- Category: Water issues, Conferences, Europe
The European Water Association (EWA) is calling for action in its new Water Manifesto to address current challenges for water management in Europe.
The EWA Water Manifesto 2020 is focussed on the following four themes:
- Nature-based Solutions to Respond to Climate Change
- Financing Investment in Water Services
- Asset Management and Digitalisation of Water Infrastructure
- Boosting Water Demand Management
The independent and non-profit European organisation deals with the entire water cycle with member associations in almost every European member state. The NGO represents an extensive network of water professionals and specialists, and forms a European forum for discussion of important technical and strategic water issues, contributing to the formation of European water policy.
Commenting on challenges posed by the COVID-19 outbreak, EWA said it is important not to forget the challenges of the environment, of clean water in particular and of the importance of the EU Green Deal.
Wendy Francken from VLARIO in Belgium and Chair of the EWA European Policy Committee said:
“Climate Change and human health are codependent, and this is why the EU Green Deal is more important than ever.”
“The European Water Association wishes with the new Water Manifesto to make sure that we all, and not the least the politicians, stay committed to that”.
EWA usually hands over its position papers to the EU Commission and other relevant persons at its annual conference in Brussels, Belgium.
In a break with tradition due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year the EWA Water Manifesto will be presented electronically, and the annual EWA Brussels Conference will take place online as a series of four webinars, all with topics evolving around the EU Green Deal:
- 27 October 2020: Webinar 1: The European Green Deal and Blue Challenges
- 10 November 2020: Webinar 2: Research and Developments for the Water Environment
- 24 November 2020: Webinar 3: Water Framework Directive beyond 2027
- 8 December 2020: Webinar 4: Future Challenges of the Water Framework Directive
Click here to download the EWA Water Manifesto 2020
Click here for registration and more information about the EWA webinars