French Water Partnership to host webinar on blended finance for water and climate
- August 21, 2020
- Category: Conferences, Investment and Finance, Water issues, Europe
The French Water Partnership is hosting a webinar on blended finance for water and climate on 27 August from 3pm to 4:30pm CET.
The webinar – ‘Blended finance for water and climate: when theory meets practice’- will bring together a diverse cross-section of public and private actors applying blended finance solutions to address water and climate change-related challenges.
Significant additional public and private funds will be required to deliver the Paris Agreement and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Blended finance is emerging as an important financing solution to accelerate action, but it must be scaled-up.
Experts and practitioners will discuss the potential of blended finance and lessons learned through three current case studies, a moderated virtual roundtable, and an audience Q&A.
Speakers are drawn from:
- Safi Sana
- The Nature Conservancy
- French Development Agency
- Convergence Finance
- Union for the Mediterranean
- GEF International Waters
The webinar will seek to:
- showcase the crucial role of blended finance to narrow the financing gap to address water-related climate change challenges and advance sustainable development, in the Global South in particular.
- help bridge the space between blended finance theory and practice through concrete and current case-studies
- identify opportunities for cross-fertilisation, scaling-up, and replicability
- identify gaps, needs, obstacles, lessons learned, and the key preconditions for a blended finance ‘enabling environment’.
The webinar will be held in English and registration is free – click here to register for Blended finance for water and climate: when theory meets practice