Green Horizon Summit public and private finance initiative opens today in London
- November 9, 2020
- Posted by: Elaine Coles
- Category: Conferences, Environmental, Global, Investment and Finance
The Green Horizon Summit, the public and private finance initiative with the aim of mobilising capital by converting momentum into action ahead of COP26, opens today with an outstanding lineup of international speakers, including Chief Executives and Finance Officers of some of the world’s leading companies.
The City of London Corporation in collaboration with the World Economic Forum, and the Green Finance Institute, is hosting the Green Horizon Summit 2020, timed for when the UK would have been hosting COP26.
The Summit, which runs for the next three days, will cover five major themes:
- Reporting, Risk Management and Return
- Financing the Energy Transition
- Infrastructure and Green Growth
- Financing Resilience and Adaptation
- Nature and Net Zero
The Green Horizon Summit will provide finance ministers, senior financiers, and public policymakers from around the world, with the frameworks, coalitions, products, and networks they need to position for growth.
The aim is to drive strong engagement from a range of participants in the public and private sectors, in the UK and internationally. Leveraging state of the art technology, the Summit will run sessions across Asian, African, and American time zones.
- Michael R. Bloomberg Founder, Bloomberg LP & Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Christiana Figueres Founder, Global Optimism
- Larry Fink Founder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer of BlackRock, Inc
- Kristalina Georgieva Managing Director, International Monetary Fund
- Antonio Guterres The ninth Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Bill Gates, Founder, Breakthrough Energy
Keynote speakers who will open the Summit this morning are Mark Carney, UN Special Envoy for Climate Action and Finance and Christine Lagarde, President of the European Central Bank.
His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales will deliver tomorrow’s keynote address.
The Green Horizon Summit will be delivered in a hybrid format with some content live-streamed from a recording studio in London. Attendees will participate through an online platform to allow for virtual engagement.
The Summit will conclude with a focus on the concrete actions and commitments financial firms need to make ahead of COP26 which takes place November 2021 in Glasgow.
Click here to visit the Green Horizon Summit website