OECD convenes 5th annual Forum on Green Finance and Investment
- August 15, 2018
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Conferences, Corporate, Europe
As part of its extensive work on green finance and investment, the OECD has convened the annual Forum on Green Finance and Investment (formerly known as the Green Investment Financing Forum) since 2014.
The OECD established a Centre on Green Finance and Investment in 2016.
The Forum, now the annual flagship event of the Centre, gathers senior policy makers and key actors in green finance and investment from around the world for open and action-oriented discussions to advance the global agenda.
The Centre seeks to produce high-quality policy-oriented research and analysis on green finance and investment, including climate resilience. A key objective of the Centre is to address policy and market challenges and support the scaling up of green investment.
Key topics on the initial draft agenda the Forum will cover include:
- The role of commercial banks in aligning financial flows with climate objectives
- Role of regulators in aligning the financial system
- Financial channels for institutional investors and opportunities for integrating sustainability in institutional investment
- Planning and delivering sustainable infrastructure
- Innovation and finance for green cities
- Financing sustainable development
The pioneering annual event hosted by the OECD convenes leading actors across the green finance community to help catalyse and support the transition to a green, low-emissions and climate-resilient global economy.
The forum will be held in Paris in November 2018 – click here for more information