World Hydropower Congress to be hosted in Paris in May 2019
- March 11, 2019
- Category: Conferences
Registration is now open for the 7th World Hydropower Congress will be held in Paris from 14 to 16 May 2019. The gathering of hydropower decision-makers, experts and innovators brings together industry, government, finance and civil society to set priorities for the future of the sector.
Organised by the International Hydropower Association (IHA) and hosted in partnership with UNESCO’s International Hydrological Programme, the 2019 Congress will focus on hydropower’s role in delivering the Paris Climate Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals, under the theme ‘The power of water in a sustainable, interconnected world’.
The biennial event, which is organised by the International Hydropower Association (IHA) and hosted in partnership with UNESCO, includes:
- 37 sessions and training workshops
- Up to 1,000 delegates including decision-makers, experts and innovators
- Representation from 70+ countries
- Essential insights into managing freshwater, advancing clean energy systems, reporting on sustainability, and demonstrating climate solutions, among other topics
- Study tours of hydropower facilities in France and other European countries
Click here to download the full agenda
Click here for more information about the congress